Author: Rose DesRochers
Backlinks play a very big role in Google’s pagerank algorithm. There are several ways to get backlinks to your site. Let’s get started.
1. Directories: Get your website listed in Yahoo and DMOZ (The Open Directory Project). Dmoz can be extremely difficult to get listed it, but no worries as there are a great number of directories online.
Like http://www.bloggingfusion.com which has a pagerank of 6/10.
2. Reciprocal links: Find reciprocal link exchange partners and exchange links. One way to find reciprocal link partners is to search Google’s Directory. The green bar next to each link tells the page rank. If the bar is green half way across, then that page has a PR of 5. If it’s green all the way across then the page has a PR of ten.
3. Forum Signatures: Most Forums allow a user to add a signature tag to their posts. Signature tags allow you to promote your website and by doing this you will also increase your link popularity. Be sure to use keywords in your anchor text. For example: If your website is an online Writing Community, then you would use ‘Writing Community’ as the anchor text and link the word Writing Community to your website. Ex: [url=http://www.todays-woman.net]Today’s Woman Community[/url]. Whatever you do, make sure to read the guidelines of the forum. Some forums do not allow urls in the signature tag.
4. Write Articles to promote your website: When you write an article and submit it to an article directory, the directory allows you to have a resource box. In the resource box you include information about yourself and a link back to your website. Webmasters are constantly in search for quality content for their website. Each time someone uses your article on their website or blog, it’s a link back to your website.
5. Press Releases: A press release can bring you many visitors to your site and a backlink. There are many press release services available on the Internet. I use pr.com and prweb.com. You can get started there.
6. Guestbook Backlinks and Blog Comments: When signing a guestbook or commenting on a blog, be sure to leave your url. Backlinks from blogs and urls have very little effect on your ranking, therefore I don’t think one should base your link popularity on guestbook and blog comments alone, but a few links from sites with a decent pr won’t hurt you. Be careful not to spam. If you have a guestbook or blog, you are most likely dealing with spam. Spammers place links to their sites in your guestbook or blog in an attempt to increase their backlinks.
7. Link Exchange buttons: The easiest way to generate backlinks to your site is by offering an image that your visitors can use to link to or some linking code like I have on http://www.todays-woman.net/link-exchange.html
To check your backlinks use link:www.yourwebaddress.com. More links are generally better, but even a few good quality links can be beneficial to website popularity and your ranking. There are many ways to get backlinks for your website. I’ve only provided you with seven tips, but this should get you started. To find out more ways to get backlinks and increase your PR visit http://www.invision-graphics.com.
About the Author:
Rose DesRochers is the assistant administrator of Invision Graphics Webmaster forum is the ultimate webmaster resource center offering you free downloads, webmaster resource links, top sites, a free link directory, and a friendly support forum. Rose DesRochers is also the founder of one of Writer’s Digest 101 best websites for writers – Today’s Woman Writing Community. < http://www.todays-woman.net > and < BloggerTalk.net[divider]